POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Bitwise AND : Re: Bitwise AND Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:22:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bitwise AND
From: Andrew C on Mozilla
Date: 4 Apr 2004 08:52:15
Message: <407004ff@news.povray.org>
>   Just use an array for your flags. It may take more memory, but you
> are not having millions of flags, are you?-)

Actually, just thought I'd mention... I tried doing this with strings
instead. (e.g., Flags = "zNcv" means only the Z-flag is set.)

I was then shocked to find that
   #if (Flag = "Z")
gives me an error... it was later pointed out that
   #if (asc(Flag) = asc("Z"))
works just fine. Weird... Anyway, I went this way because "nCV" is more
instantly understandable than 0x03. ;-) Just a thought...

Andrew @ home.